A couple of weeks back I got nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by Gavin (Mini Media Reviews). A big thank you to him, and go check out his blog. Sorry it took me so long to get to this.
The rules for this are pretty simple. 1) Post the award on your blog. 2) Thank the person who nominated you. 3) Answer the 11 questions they set you. 4) Pick 11 more bloggers and let them know they are nominated. 5) Set them 11 questions.
Without any delay here are my answers to Gavin’s questions.
- What is your favourite film from 2017 so far? I’ll have to go with La La Land. I do actually think there are better films, but nothing that has been as joyous or made me feel happier than La La Land.
- What was the best present you got for Christmas? I got quite a few cool things; think my favourite was either The Big Lebowski soundtrack or Stranger Things score on vinyl.
- What is your favourite TV show? Ever: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Currently airing: Hard to look past Game of Thrones, but I would like to give a shout out to great adult animated shows like Bojack Horseman.
- What do you like to spread on your toast? I’m a simple butter and marmite man.
- Do you prefer to binge watch or watch week by week? Binge watch. I much prefer getting a complete storyline at once, and unless it’s a procedural you don’t get that outside of a whole season. It also makes filler less noticeable. (Really I’m just impatient as hell and Netflix has ruined me).
- What do you watch most of your content on? TV/Cinema/Computer/Mobile Device? Normally the cinema, I go a few times a week. Outside of that I watch a lot using the apps on my PlayStation.
- Tea or Coffee? Don’t really drink either, but if I were to pick it’d be tea, I hate coffee.
- What film have you just never got round to watching but still really mean to? Goodfellas. Mentioned it in my Scorsese Top 5, it’s one of the classics I need to get to. I’ve got the DVD sitting in my room and everything.
- What was the last film that you watched from a female director? Underworld: Blood Wars. It’s not great, and isn’t going to bring any new fans to the franchise, but who can pass up Kate Beckinsale in tight leather?
- 3D or not 3D? I tend to go not. 3D is always more expensive, and going to the cinema or buying Blu-Rays is expensive enough as it is.
- Where do you get most of your film/movie/TV news from? Collider or Screen Junkies News. And a fair amount through social media. Thats where I find most of the stories for my news roundup.
My nominees for this are:
- Odd Shaped Panel
- Big Picture Reviews
- Jordan and Eddie (The Movie Guys)
- Society Reviews
- Noodle Break
- Film Nerds Unite
- Writing Suzanne
- The Aspiring Film Critic
- Geeky Cheeky Always Sneaky
And My Questions To You:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What film have you watched the most times in your life?
- Do you collect anything, if so what?
- What’s the first film you can remember seeing in cinemas?
- What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
- What’s the best meal you can cook?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What was the last music gig you went to? If you never have been to one what artist would you like to see?
- Do you use any streaming services (Netflix/Amazon Prime/etc) and which is your favourite?
- If you could interview any three celebrities who would you chose and why?
- What’s your dream/hope/aspiration for your blog in 2017?